Cataract Surgery Costs and Financing in Shreveport, LA
At Lusk Eye Specialists, our standard and premium cataract procedures are approved by Medicare and most health insurance companies, but they may not be fully covered. Due to recent changes in Medicare and health care coverage, medical costs will usually be shared between your insurance provider, our medical practice, and you, the patient. Therefore, your coverage — and any out of pocket expenses you may incur — depend on your deductibles and the type of cataract surgery you choose.
In an effort to make advanced cataract care as accessible as possible to our patients, we offer convenient patient financing options with low monthly payments.
Expenses for Cataract Surgery
Your insurance provider will generally cover the Outpatient Surgery Center fee and the cost of anesthesia, as well as the surgeon’s fee for cataract surgery, so long as you’ve met any deductible or co-pay requirements.
Standard cataract surgery at Lusk Eye Specialists provides you with a monofocal intraocular lens (IOL) to replace your natural lens. Monofocal IOLs can provide excellent distance vision. If you have other vision issues or eye health problems, your vision after surgery could be diminished — better than it was before you had your procedure, but not clear enough to perform certain tasks. In other words, if you were wearing prescription glasses prior to your cataract surgery, you will most likely still need some type of corrective eyewear after a standard cataract surgery.
Fortunately, Medicare and your insurance provider may allow you to ‘upgrade’ your vision with state-of-the-art IOLs for a nominal fee. During your cataract evaluation, our doctors may recommend a custom vision package that includes one of these advanced IOLs to provide you with the best possible vision outcome without glasses.
Factors That Can Influence the Cost of Cataract Surgery
- Standard cataract surgery: You should experience few or no out-of-pocket expenses, other than your standard deductible.
- Astigmatic cataract surgery: Advanced IOL technology and lasers now allow our cataract surgeons to correct your astigmatism at the same time as your cataracts. Our techniques are approved by Medicare and the insurance industry, but may not be fully covered. Therefore, additional out-of-pocket expenses will likely be incurred.
- Premium cataract surgery: Premium cataract surgery at Lusk Eye Specialists makes use of advanced, multifocal IOLs. These specialized lenses are designed to provide more comprehensive vision correction. Like with astigmatic cataract surgery, our techniques are Medicare and insurance-approved, but will likely have additional costs associated with them.
- Cash / money order / cashier’s check: Patients are always welcome to pay for their care using these standard methods.
- Credit card: We accept most major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts: (see options below)
- Financing through CareCredit: (see options below)
Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
One of the best ways to pay for a portion of your vision correction procedure is by setting the funds aside in your Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) beforehand, so that the money you spend on lens replacement or cataract surgery will be tax-free.
At Lusk Eye Specialists, we are dedicated to helping you understand the complex nature of healthcare costs, and welcome your questions. Please call us at (318) 222-5555 to learn more about your payment options.
Financing Through CareCredit
We’re pleased to offer our patients the CareCredit® card, North America’s leading patient payment program. CareCredit is the credit card exclusive for healthcare services. You’ll get low monthly payment plans for healthcare procedures not commonly covered by insurance, including all levels of cataract surgery and lens replacement surgery.
Learn more by visiting CareCredit.com or contacting our office. Ready to apply? Apply online for your CareCredit card today.
Call (318) 222-5555 to learn more about cataract surgery at Lusk Eye Specialists, or to schedule your cataract evaluation: in most cases, it’s covered annually by your insurance provider!